Thursday, October 28, 2010

Thursday Afternoon Thoughts

Sitting at my desk and listening to beautiful piano music sparked a writing flame within me. It's peaceful for the moment, a rare thing in our household lately.

Will is watching me from "his" chair and offers an occasional chuckle at the tap, tap, tapping of the keys as I type. I don't know why he finds that particular sound humorous, but he does, and that's ok. I love hearing him laugh.

I don't have anything specific to write about today. It'll be a bunch of random stuff flowing through my head and onto the screen in front of me. Just warning you, in case you are looking for a theme within this post. You probably won't find one. I just felt like writing......

I've been thinking a lot lately about my issues of control. I admit, I have a problem with trying to manipulate outcomes of situations I have no business interfering with. There, I've said it. I'm trying to accept the FACT that I can't "fix" everything and really shouldn't be trying to.

It used to be so easy for me to find joy in the simplest of things. Somewhere along the way life got a bit too serious for me to ignore and came crashing down with such force I didn't think I'd be able to wiggle out from under it -- ever again. (I may be expounding too much, but just take it all with a grain of salt, ok? Thanks.)

Instead of enjoying the things that I used to, nothing was fun anymore. Everything seemed to be hard (impossible) and gloomy (black, actually). Why bother to get out of bed in the morning when more of the same awaited me, day after miserable day? That doesn't sound quite like me, does it? Well, it has been. I had to get put flat of my back (again, and again), look up, and realize (again) who is really in charge, and it ain't me! Did I learn my lesson this time? I sure hope so, 'cause that pit sure is dark and lonely....... Even so, there were (and are) friends who kept enough light shining my way for me to start regaining my foothold on the brighter path -- the one I somehow temporarily lost sight of. I will be forever grateful to them for that. You know who you are. You can relax now. I think it's all going to be ok.

On to happier stuff!

Molly Anne was born on October 18 and is the most beautiful baby girl! She's so perfect -- soft, pink and wonderful! I love being a grandmother. I love everything about it. From changing diapers, to reading hundreds of books to a little boy with an insatiable appetite for hearing the same stories over and over, to snuggling for hours on end with babies too precious to put down. Watching Christine mother her little ones is also an amazing sight to behold. It's been hard to stay away lately (I'm still recovering from bronchitis), but we'll have a great time again soon!

I've run out of things to say for the moment. So, on to cleaning out the fridge, laundry, and grocery shopping. I hope you are all doing well and are happy -- truly happy.

Thanks for stopping by for a visit.

God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment