Friday, May 21, 2010

No Greater Love

I'll probably write a lot about what is on the wall behind the computer monitor on my desk. There's a good reason why I have placed these things up there. Between facebook (I'll admit I'm addicted. It's a daily habit.), emailing, bookkeeping, writing out checks (when there's actually money to back them up), writing/typing out notes and letters and what not, I spend about a fourth of my day at my desk. Will likes to eat breakfast and lunch in the office with me while I work and write. He and I also listen to music there. It is usually a quiet and peaceful place to sit and just be together.

Back to the wall.... on the bottom row of pictures and quotes is a simple black and white print of a powerful message. The artist, Darin Ashby, simply portrays a portion of the Savior's clothed arm and His hand, His nail-scarred palm facing outward signing the words, "I love you." Whenever I'm feeling unloved, unappreciated or alone, this picture reminds me of how much greater Christ's love for me is than any other I think I should be receiving.

Disappointments will continue to come, expectations will go unfulfilled, some dreams may fall by the wayside, but one thing is for absolute and certain, nothing will ever compare to the the greatest Love shown to us by the One who has experienced it all. And, HE LIVES to tell us how to get through this life and into Eternity better than we could ever do so on our own.

"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends....Ye are my friends....I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth; but I have called you friends, for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you." John 15:13-15

It is impossible for me to comprehend that much love right now -- the kind that allowed the Savior to endure rejection, betrayal , torture and crucifixion, but someday, when I am in His presence, I believe I will experience for myself no greater love.

No comments:

Post a Comment